At Caliber Law, we want to protect your hard-earned assets and property.
With a Trust, all of your property is named in a Trust to be distributed by a named Trustee for the benefit of the named beneficiaries. In your Trust, you may give written instructions to the Trustee outlining specific guidelines to follow in determining when, and how to make a disbursement.
For example, you may provide for a staggered distribution of your assets, such as 25% when your beneficiary reaches the age of 25 and the balance at age 30. A common set-up is for all items to go into the Trust and if the Trust is for children, all principal and interest of the Trust to be disbursed when the youngest child turns a specific age.
What are the advantages of a Trust?
- Protect your family privacy by avoiding court proceedings, which also will save time and money in the long run
- Protect your assets even after your death
- Stay in control of your assets and choose to distribute your estate before, at death, or even specify how many years after death you would prefer a distribution to take place
- Keep family business within the family and earning income for future generations
- Assisting for care of elderly family members
- Structure your Trust to fund your real estate investments
- Outline a third party to control distributions on your behalf even after your death
- Help protect your minor children should both parents die
Trusts do tend to be more expensive than a basic estate plan due to the amount of work they require. However, the amount that is paid is worth the time and money you save in the long run. There are no court proceedings involved and generally one Trustee handles the fiduciary responsibilities. Let us walk you through the different options that best tailor to your needs.
A Trust is not the right fit or tool for all situations, but we will be happy to discuss with you and go over the many options to see if a Trust might be the right fit for you at our first meeting.
CONTACT US TODAY to schedule your first meeting and find out what we can do for you.