At Caliber Law, we have developed a specialized system geared specifically for working with you through your residential real estate transaction in a personal way.
Whether you are buying a home or selling your home or a vacant lot, we offer a variety of flat rate and hourly rate packages and solutions to assist you through your residential purchase or sale transaction so you can be comfortable, worry free, and confident that you understand any and all risks regarding your transaction. Having an experienced real estate attorney by your side throughout your transaction can give you peace of mind and make the process go smoothly to make sure that everything has been reviewed and has been done right. Why leave the single biggest investment you will make in your life to chance?
Atty. John W. Schuster, MBA has successfully and skillfully guided hundreds of clients through the purchase and sale process when buying or selling a home, and making sure they got what they bargained for when they entered into the transaction. By leveraging technology, Atty. Schuster is able to guide you through the purchase or sale process in a highly professional and personalized manner, giving you peace of mind every step of the way in completing your transaction.
Our Flat Rate Residential Real Estate transaction services include the following general list of services:
- Drafting and preparation of Residential Offer to Purchase
- Counter-Offers and Special Arrangements and Contingencies
- Drafting and preparation of Addendums to Offers, Amendments, and Notices
- Negotiating of terms of Offers to Purchase with Opposing Counsel, Real Estate Agents, or Other Parties
- Real Estate Condition Reports and Questions About Disclosures Regarding Condition of Property
- Review of Title Commitment and Advising on Requirements and Exceptions
- Review of Closing Statements
- Assist in Setting Up Closing
- Holding of Earnest Money in Trust
- Drafting and preparation of Deed and Transfer Return for transaction
- For Sale By Owner Transactions (“FSBO's”)
Our Hourly Residential Real Estate transaction services include but are not limited to:
- Resolution and Legal Opinions on Residential Offer Disputes
- Assistance in Buying Foreclosed Properties
- Assistance in Buying Short Sale Properties
- Real Estate Disclosures
- Options to Purchase & Rights of First Refusal
Why do I need an attorney to help me through my transaction? Why not just rely on my realtor?
While we like to think that most realtors are good at their jobs, the reality is that under the current system realtors are not always looking out for your best interests, and only get paid if the transaction closes. This often creates an undisclosed conflict of interest between the client and the realtor, when the client wants the best deal possible and to eliminate the future risk of the transaction, but the realtor simply wants the transaction to close. In addition to the inherent conflict of interest, real estate agents in the State of Wisconsin are not allowed to practice law or give any legal advice regarding your transaction – which means they cannot draft any custom or special provisions into the Offer – which means they are severely limiting their ability to adequately protect you from transaction to transaction which often has special circumstances surrounding each particular Offer.
An experienced real estate attorney can help protect your interests and only has your interests in mind, and has the ability to help you plan, react to, and resolve problems in the Offer to Purchase and save you a lot of time, aggravation, and real money down the road. Having us by your side can take a lot of the guessing and risk out of the purchase or sale process and gives you the necessary peace of mind regarding your transaction.
CONTACT US TODAY so we can discuss your proposed or upcoming transaction and make an appointment so that we can find the right solution and budget that works and fits right for you.